I got bored of trying to define myself in conventional terms, so in motherhood I found strength, and embraced the multiple roles that brought value to our family and their childhood.
"Motherhood is a super power" - Chantelle Brandt Larsen
Hey and Welcome to my App, Site and Tools for Mums!
Who the heck Am I ...
So who the heck am I? I am blessed to be able to live out my passions, and make a difference to Mums and ultimately our kids. I got bored of trying to define myself in conventional terms, so in motherhood I found strength, and embraced the multiple roles that brought value to our family, and childhood. I am no longer defined by one thing, but empowered by what I bring and empower in others. Instead, let me list a few of the things I do:
- I am a Mum to Ellouise and Kaj
- I’m a wife to Morten my husband who I met in Switzerland
- I blog and vlog about topics including running, yoga, kettle bells, food, tech, travel, childhood Talent Development, mindfulness and lifestyle.
- I am passionate about childhood development, and giving our children the best start at happiness. My doctorate defined it starts with the parents, and after working with parents who told me time was an issue, I could not just do nothing. I worked tirelessly to develop automation into an app that automates chores and to redefine mind-sets that give Mums the freedom to find happiness, health and space for them and their family.
- I’m a Mum that codes #mumswhocode
- I’m a successful working mum, and a leader in my field
- I’m a runner and you can find me running a steady pace and some times intervals usually around 7 to 8 km three times a week
- I’m a trained yoga teacher and practitioner
- I’m a traveller who has explored South America, North America, Africa, Asia and Australia and now travel with the little ones giving them the gift of cultural differences and diversity.
- I’m a speaker and lecturer. I’ve lectured to the next generation and love interacting with my tribe.
- I'm a Dr. who specialises in Organisational Development, but not as we traditionally think. I identified and researched statistical correlations between childhood factors: parenting, and sense making and adulthood success - the ultimate success being happiness. This is my 'WHY' my reason for the pursuit of more time for Mums.
- I’m a foodie ever since my Mum came and taught at primary school and I cooked the Sunday lunch from 9 years old. I love to cook from our family kitchen and share with friends. Now I just cook in 15 to 30 minutes but it’s always feeding the mind, body and soul.
- I don't waste time. You might find typo's but hey life is too short. I'm more about delivering Mums value.
If you try and fit me in a box it does not work, so I came out and never looked back, being myself is so empowering. If you want to see what I am all about then check out my Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Youtube 💖👇🏽icons are below.
My research identifies that a Mother's care and protection, and the sense making activities played with children make a difference to their success in adulthood. Mums have a lack of time and are overloaded, but their protection and care are key to childhood. Sense making is challenged by an increase in social technology in society, and the overwhelming 'stuff' to purchase. That barrage of stuff and technology takes away from activities that support our kids, and the fact that our kids sometimes need to be bored.
'Creativity is born from boredom'
I started Motherhood Unplugged 2.0 which is part of a wider revolution: to give Mums 2 hrs back in their day, create meaningful memories and focus on sense making activities to develop the next generation with 'HAPPINESS'
This website is the full package. You get no BS, frank and honest blogs / vlogs of my journey. I share my passion with you. It’s a place where you can follow the highs and lows and get access to tools that I hope help you in motherhood!
Want to know what I stand for? Read my call to action…