The implementation of New Technologies ultimately impacts the TOM, if it is a true transformation and this takes effort. The change is not just in the number of FTE but the roles and grade.
There is the rise of 6 type of roles:
- Knowledge Community
- As the implementation of more Business to Consumer (B2C) technologies for self service increases it is dependent on the knowledge that is passed on and maintained, while the future robots are learning currently their is the need to transform knowledge. What do i mean? Well knowledge is not simply uploading a policy or procedure, because the same answer in provides the same result as always. The way that people engage with knowledge is different today. People get their news, content in help in snippets form Twitter, You Tube and Virtual Agents. However, the knowledge itself in organisations needs to be transformed and maintained. This is a new role but often within the existing grade mix.
- Customer Service Owner
- The service model an instigator of the transaction is pushed to the manager, and frankly their job is not HR. So a customer service organisation needs to be updated that has the right tough for the query and type of employee segment. This is a new role and can be a new grade mix depending on the businesses appetite for delivery of extended services.
- Management and Maintenance of the Tool
- There is a requirement periodically for releases to manage the impact of the tool releases in service
- There is the ongoing management of queues and support of the tool in relation to the customer
- These are new roles and a different capability in the grade mix.
- Analytics Partner
- To drive true business insight analytics partners need to be in place to leverage technology and business requirements. This is a new role and a professional grade mix.
- Rise of the White Collar Robot
- There is the rise of the white collar robot or app that can think. They can take unstructured data to structured data and provide an output. All of these apps and bots need to be governed and managed. This is a new role and new grade mix, because the work is not done by a person.
- Rise of the Blue Collar Robot
- There is the blue collar robot or app that can take structured data to structure data an provide and output. All of these apps and bots need to be governed and managed. This is a new role and new grade mix, because the work is not done by a person.