After my second child I struggled. I struggled to have a consistent habit that had pre kids, and even with the first where I did yoga every day and stay super fit and healthy. The addition of the second tipped the scales literally. There were two slightly different routines, life was so much busier and we were comfortable.
The only key was to change the family, and not just myself. Every time I just changed myself it was like constantly that upward battle. It was not that my kids were unhealthy in fact the opposite they love vedgetables, and being outside. However, when I shaped everything as a family holistically it clicked.
Little habits that made a difference:
- Running with the kids to nursery and kindergarten while they were on the scooter
- Swimming lessons every Saturday
- Teaching my kids yoga even if it was a shorter version
- Building muscle as well with kettle bells
- Letting the kids serve themselves and understand portions
- Likewise for me but also using smaller plates
- Swapping so much wine for lemon and pomegranate iced water
- Swapping milky tea for mint
- 2 or 3 vegetable choices every meal
- Limited packaged or processed food
These were the habits that worked for us. We are fit and healthy, I would not say super fit anymore as gone are the times where I can fit in 2 hours of exercise upwards each day, and nor do I want to (no six pack). I want to play and cuddle with the kids. The play time habits just incorporate family fit and healthy.
I met and teamed up with Arriane Eva Morrin who changes lives in this way. It's not about big changes or six packs. In my experience you let go of that. It is about healthy habits that change your life in a permanent way for a fit, healthy and happy family.
The 4 week programme starts from 24th June http://www.whatifihadapa.com/4-weeks-family-fit-and-healthy-program