1. Apple Cider Vinegar
The first thing I do when I wake up is go downstairs boil the kettle. Whilst I'm waiting:
- 1 desert spoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 squeezes of lemon
- circa 5 Mls of boiler water
- circa 5 Mls of cold filtered water
I drink this and it balances me, my PH and digestion and has worked wonders for my energy and skin.
2. Run/ Yoga/ Mediate
So as a working mum I know it's not always possible to ring fence time, so it can depend on the day or maybe the nights sleep that was had. What I do have is even if it's 5 minutes mediation, downward dog or more ideally for me a run and yoga. After one of the above my energy levels are on peak for the day, if I have not down in the morning then I make sure I do a session at lunch. I would be lying if I said as a mum life always goes as planned, but I've found a healthy habit is easier with a diversity of practice and making it achievable, as opposed to punishing the body for some unsustainable routine.
3. Coconut Oil - Teeth Pulling
I got into teeth pulling 3 years ago. I wanted a more natural way to fight cavities, maintain and improve gum and dental health.
- I take a spoon of coconut oil when i finished my run or practice, and literally swim it around my mouth.
- Pushing and pulling it the coconut oil in and out of my teeth with my mouth closed for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Typically, I am still teeth pulling whist showering, doing my hair and getting ready.
- Sometimes, I use the floss tips at the same time or before for an extra clean.
- Finally I gargle and spit it out into tissue or kitchen towel in the sink, so it does no block the drains. Then straight into the bin.
- Finally, I scrub my teeth.
4. Salt (when needed)
8 or so years ago I got an infection from a spa, and to say I had acne was an understatement. It left my face badly scared, After several treatments to the dermatologist which did not work the one thing that did was salt! Just ordinary table salt. None of the fancy kind which i normally cook with, but just cheap as chips table salt. If my face needs a bit of an exfoliation or brighting (now only now and again).
- Splash warm water onto my face to open up the pores
- Take a handful of salt and gently rub onto the skin
- Rinse with warm water
- Finish with cool water to close the pores
5. Olay with SPF
I gave up using fancy cream. My husband has tried to treat me to posh creams, but honestly the best cream that works for me is Olay. However, what ever your cream moisturise ideally with an SPF inside.