1. Intercontinental Hotel Porto. The intercontinental suite was amazing. We have an ambassador card well worth the investment as your room is always upgraded so our suite was amazing! The weekend was so special, with lay ins in luxury and a late night jazz bar.
2. Walking around all the architecture. When we are away even with kids, or on a date weekend we love just walking around. Life has a different pace just taking the cultures, people, smells and architecture in. Porto has this amazing blue and white tile work.
3. There is an old small bookshop that was so cool.
4. The railway station. The art work in the rail station was well worth a visit, beware of pick pockets as ever.
5. Restaurant ODE okay so in porto I fell in love with molasses bread and sheep cheese, you will no what I mean when you visit. This stuff us phenomenal. I got the concierge to book ahead as these restaurants really get booked up.
6. Restaurant OPaparico. This was out of the way but amazing. Again I got the concierge to book.
7. River tour. We did the 6 bridges river tour, just relaxed back and soaked in the atmosphere. The buildings were interesting as you could see the lack of funds to invest or renovate, but there was still so much beauty in the place.
8. Port tasting. We went tasting port after the river tour and it was so smooth.
9. Tour of Porto we took the bus tour and in some ways got to see the whole of porto, in others it was such a short weekend, we wish we would have stopped a bit more between stops especially the beach,