None of these applications are necessarily new to people, or now perceived as ground breaking, but these are the top pieces of technology that make my life more connected. The focus is those pieces of communication that are so integral in today’s life. However, these are the apps or technology that have worked their way into my daily routine.
- Skype even my daughter knows how to recognise her grandma, and aunty to phone and be together every day. Our family live in different countries so it makes the world borderless, everyone lives in Skypeland.
- Facebook love it or hate it you can simultaneously, proactively and or passively keep up to date, in contact and inform others in your life, or on the periphery.
- Linkedin I stay connected professionally
- Whatsapp text all my friends for free J
- I have had my Hotmail account since when I was in my teens. We have probably forgotten how much email is still so crucial. The future communications may alter much like who has a landline anymore? However, for now this is my mailbox.
- Twitter it’s easy for me to find out things instantly and connect with like minded people
- TED talks this keeps me inspired and thinking on a daily basis.
- Pinterest amazing. We moved house and I designed my whole house so easily and I was able to connect to like minded people
These are just communication tools. There are so many more great products that entrepreneurs and those in the social space have brought forward to change the way we live.
Looking forward to more disruptions that changes the way we think, feel, live and act.